Σάββατο, 25 Μαΐου 2013
Listening Comprehension and Simple Past Practice
Watch the video and then fill the gaps with the past tense of the verb
1) Long ago, when the world (is) new,
there (live) a man named Noah.
2)Noah (is) a good and honest man.
3)Noah (spend) his days in peace and happiness
with his family.
4) God (tell) Noah that it would rain for forty days
and forty nights.
5)Noah (have) to build a big ark.
6) When they (finish) the Ark, Noah and his wife and
sons (search) for two of every kind of animals,
every beast that (walk) and every bird that (fly).
7) All the animals (are) put in pens beside the Ark.
8) Noahs pasture (look) like a zoo.
9) Noah and his sons (gather) food for many months.
10) Then Noah (open) the pens and let all the animals out.
11) The animals (follow) Noah to the big ark.
12) Then in (march) the animals two by two.
13) And when all the animals, Noah and his wife,
his sons and their wives (are) safely inside,
the door of the ark (is) shut tight.
14) It (is) a drizzle first.
15) Then the wind (howl),
the thunder (roar) and
the lightning (flash) across the dark sky.
16) The water (begin) to rise higher and higher
until they (cover) even the mountain peaks.
17) Everything on earth (is) destroyed by the flood.
18) But the ark and its passengers
(float) safely on the water.
19) Noah (is) calm.
20) After forty days and forty nights the rain (stop).
Watch the second part of the video and finish the sentences:
1) Soon the sun began to shine and a warm wind
2) Little by little the water
3) Noah sent a dove
4) It soon came back
5) Noah waited
6) He let the dove go again, and this time
it came back
7) The third time Noah sent the dove from the ark
it did not
8) God told Noah to
Find this and other past simple exercises in English Exercises .org